Software Engineer, Salesforce
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey
GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey provides customer experience management for more than 10,000 customers, including some of the world’s leading brands like Yeti, Nike, The Standard, Salesforce, and FitBit. We are attacking the massive opportunity for providing customer experience in the $44 Billion dollar space that is rapidly growing. With a presence in three continents, GetFeedback has been doubling revenue every year and is reinventing what a customer experience platform is. GetFeedback joined the SurveyMonkey family in September 2019.
We're looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to work on an application with a growing Salesforce integration. A developer in this position will work both outside and inside Salesforce, using standard web development practices and Salesforce-specific technology. As part of a cross-functional team with a range of skills, this developer will be a primary contributor to our Salesforce integration, and a secondary contributor to other aspects of our web application.
The ideal candidate will have either strong general web development knowledge and an interest in learning to develop Salesforce applications, or strong Salesforce application development knowledge and a basic grounding in general web development.
Some of the things you will do as a Full-Stack Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Build new dynamic features and experiences combining Salesforce with our cloud-based software applications.
- Create unit tests to ensure functionality throughout the development cycle.
- Help grow the company by implementing trackable metrics for data-based decision making.
- Work on both user-facing and non-user facing portions of our software.
- Stay on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
As part of our R&D team, you'll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in GetFeedback by SurveyMonkey's software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that hit production fast, so you'll have plenty of chances to watch as features you worked on roll out and help improve the lives of literally millions of users.
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in web application development
- You have experience with a server-side framework such as Ruby on Rails or Spring Boot
- You thrive in a culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with other people
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- You have a passion for building highly functional and user-friendly software
- You possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience and training
- You have experience working on high-traffic websites
- You have experience in Salesforce application development using Apex, SOQL, and Lightning Web Components
Must be able to obtain and hold government security clearance at the Reliability level.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, RRSP matching, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.