Director of People
San Francisco, CA
Who are we?
GetFeedback delivers best-in-class customer experience surveys for the Salesforce ecosystem. Our customers can create and send beautiful, mobile-friendly online surveys in minutes, push individual responses directly into Salesforce, and discover trends with visually engaging dashboards and analytics. We help Sales and Success teams translate customer insights into action. GetFeedback is a rapidly growing software as a service company backed by two of the top venture capital firms in the world, Insight Partners, and Salesforce Ventures. Go to our website to jump in and use our product!
An innovative and vision-forward HR professional passionate about enabling an environment where people can do their best work. As the stand-alone site HR leader, you’re comfortable defining the HR strategy for the company while also rolling up your sleeves and doing the work managing core HR issues and functionality that arise in a rapidly changing environment. You’re agile and pivot quickly amongst all HR specialities. You’re a generalist known for collaboration and influence who brings experience leading HR activities and initiatives for a site,and has worked with both onsite and remote employees. You’re ambitious and ready to help drive business growth through employee focus.
About the Role
Reporting to GetFeedback’s COO and with matrix reporting and nominal oversight by, the Chief People Officer of the primary parent organization, the HR Director role assists in delivering core HR functions which include, program development and management, recruitment and talent development, diversity and inclusion, coaching and counseling, employee engagement, best practices research, and policy development and interpretation.
What you’ll be working on:
- Build credibility with clients by providing insight and guidance on HR or broader business issues
- Administer general employment life cycle activities including recruiting, new hire onboarding, terminations, leave management, and employee performance/development.
- Provide guidance and support on day-to-day general employee relations issues; escalating more complex issues to leadership and parent owner company HR leadership.
- Design and leverage integrated people strategies based on a holistic understanding of our workforce; enabling the attraction, development, and retention of top talent.
- Champion GetFeedback’s culture, identify and propose innovative ways to enhance the employee experience.
- Understand the overall organizational structure and make recommendations as business needs continue to evolve.
- Provide recommendations and support to the leadership team in managing performance, including coaching, counseling, and partnership on performance plan development.
- Ensure consistent implementation of HR programs and company-wide policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provide Operational Excellence: Develop and oversee on/off boarding systems and processes , benefits queries, HRIS data, HR metrics and analysis, and coordination with parent owner company regarding benefits and HRIS integration.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local requirements.
- Build and maintain professional external network to stay abreast of trend changes in all aspects of HR. Ability to translate external business trends into internal organization actions. Ability to understand the general business conditions (e.g., social, technological, economic, political, environmental, and demographic trends) that affect our industry.
- Other job related activities and special projects as necessary
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in HR and recruiting, with multiple years as a generalist and ideally experience as a stand-alone HR Director or lead for a business segment. Employee relations and program experience a must.
- Outstanding communication skills; you can influence and adapt to your audience
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective partnerships, trust and credibility and relationships across all levels of the organization
- Dynamic, confident personality who thrives under minimal guidance in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A love of getting your hands dirty bringing your ideas to life
- Skill of seeing the bottom line amongst the noise
- Innate love of working “in the grey” and a fluster-less ability to re-prioritize on the fly
- Effective connector who builds cross-functional community through influence vs. authority
What we provide:
- A growth environment driven by collaboration and accountability.
- The table stakes you’d expect: Competitive salary and strong medical/dental/vision benefits
- A fun and casual work environment
- Daily catered meals and loads of snacks and drink options
- Flexible work hours and expansive time off (we believe in the importance of work-life/personal-life balance)
- A SaaS company with a growth trajectory
- The opportunity to work with brilliant and inspiring people to solve challenging problems.
- A progressive workplace with breathtaking views from the 26th floor.
- An exciting ride in a fast-growing company with tremendous runway--in a few years you’ll be able to say “I was at GetFeedback back when…”
- Paid time off to volunteer in our community
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.