The marketing world is moving at a breathtaking pace. Having creative solutions isn’t remotely enough to attract new customers and retain your old clientele. In 2019, you have to think innovatively and be up to date with all the current trends.
Before everything, you need to make sure your website design is user-friendly. It’s the first impression most people will get of your brand and it will be your main calling card for future success.
As marketing advances, it becomes more branched-out and gives even the smallest brands a chance to be seen and heard. After several weeks of analysis and market survey, I’ve come up with a list of the best modern marketing strategies every company needs to try today.
Combine them with your existing business approach and you will see a positive customer voice surrounding your brand at all times.
Optimization for long-tail keywords
Some time ago, before Google’s 2013 Hummingbird update, keywords were the absolute pinnacle of SEO and marketing as a whole. Quantity was a priority, which resulted in a myriad of unreadable content that was merely designed to be a vessel for keywords.
Even though websites would rank highly in Google’s search results, they would have an astronomically high exit rate, mostly because actual people couldn’t bear to see the same keyword in every sentence.
With Hummingbird, everything changed. The algorithms changed and Google started prioritizing semantics, context and a low keyword density.
This changed urged content writers and marketers to create content that is both readable and SEO-friendly. Spamming of head keywords slowly disappeared, making way for long tail keywords and their many applications. What are exactly the benefits of long tail keywords?
- Long tail keywords mean that a Google user already has an idea in mind and that they’re looking for a company to fulfill their needs.
- You can rank much higher if you focus on specific queries. For instance, selecting marketing as your keyword will result in a much lower rank, than ranking for content marketing tips for college students.
- Every piece of content you publish will seem more intricate and specific, especially if you’re writing a blog in your respected niche.
Choose long-tail keywords and carefully implement them into your content. The title, conclusion and meta description should all contain it, with an approximate 1.5% keyword density as the worst-case scenario. First, construct your blog posts and articles and then add keywords where they’re needed.
According to Social Fresh, testimonial videos are the most effective type of content a marketer can use, coming at an amazing 89%.
This comes as no surprise, mainly because customers view testimonial videos as the most genuine form of content. Written testimonial quotes can easily be forged and people don’t believe them as much as videos. Why are testimonial videos so effective?
- People are more likely to believe word of mouth more than anything. Nielsen states that 92% of people are more likely to believe another person rather than a company’s marketing strategy. Having a human face market your product and share their experiences is an invaluable tool in today’s marketing world.
- Shooting testimonial videos give you a unique opportunity to strengthen bonds with your most loyal customers. Contact them and offer them the opportunity to appear in videos and talk about your brand. If they accept, you can always reward them with gifts, discounts or financial compensation.
- If you have a specific plan in mind, testimonial videos allow you to control the narrative. Give your customers the opportunity to act freely, but don’t hesitate to suggest a specific direction. Don’t write a script. Instead, talk to your video participants and have them come up with monologues on their own. Even if you don’t see it, other customers will feel that the video is genuine.
A satisfied customer is your best marketing strategy, according to an old saying. When a customer watches testimonial, they picture themselves in the position of the person talking.
If they identify with the people in the video, they will also think that your brand fulfilling their needs is a real possibility. Mix testimonial videos with other types of content. Have testimonials appear at a point of high visibility on your sights and social media pages.
Social media engagement
In 2019, it’s not enough to be present and seen. As a brand, you have to engage with your customers and attract them “manually.” To reinforce your brand identity, you need a voice that coincides with your brand culture and overall image. Be active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to get a real feel of what your followers are talking about and what is your image in reality.
- Fight for positive reviews on Facebook. Make sure you or your social media manager always keep a consistent tone and that you’re constantly helpful and ready to solve problems. Use tools like HootSuite for easier social media management. In a competitive market, it’s important to respond swiftly and effectively.
- Instagram is brilliant for visual engagement. Create trends via hashtags that will allow your followers to interact, exchange information and review your products. User-generated content is also a key component of every Instagram marketing strategies. Urge customers to take pictures of your products and repost the best images. Engagement results in rewards, which you can repay with gratitude and promotion.
- Twitter is a great platform for quick updates and formal/informal communication with customers. Tweets offer a great opportunity to respond fast and address any problem. Twitter, however, shouldn’t be your main platform of communication. Facebook, Instagram and even LinkedIn (from a B2B perspective) offer more immediate engagement opportunities and advertising options.
With this modern marketing strategy, it’s important to highlight the importance of tone. Segment your audience and analyze them closely. Knowing the predominant sex, age group and other demographic details give you the opportunity to effectively seize your goal of customer retention.
Automate as much as you can
When we take off our pink-colored glasses, marketing isn’t that fun and dynamic as it seems from the outside. Only a small amount of time is devoted to actual creative work and thinking of new solutions.
The other instances involve media tasks and making sure your company gets the results it needs. 2019 calls for automation and reducing the overall workload for your team.
Whatever you can automate – do it. Find the best essay writing service that provides the option to outsource custom writing and original content for your website. Creating a content plan is essential for every new product launch or other endeavor involving marketing.
Taking the time to think of everything is incredibly tasking and can distract you from things that need your constant focus. EssayHave Review and similar services offer the best dissertation help and you will have no problem with plagiarism.
Outsource legal support and accounting as well. Although this is not automation per se, you want your company to focus on what’s important and that’s providing results. An important component of every automation plan should be a chatbot.
Pick the right service provider and both you and your customers will have a much pleasant interaction experience. Don’t forget to include a post-chat survey to always be aware of things that need changing or improving.
- Automation is a part of every future business models. Managers and CEO want to use their employees’ skills effectively and not overburden them.
- A happy employee that can focus on one task at a time will do that task more effectively than a stressed-out worker who has to juggle a myriad of duties.
- Make your job easier for your team and they will love you for that. Let AI solutions and software handle as much as possible, regardless of the task.
Visual is the way to go
Imagine you’re a customer and you’ve discovered the ideal brand for yourself. They have a blog and you’ve decided to see what their posts are like.
If you saw that most of their content is in text form, how much would you endure before switching to something else? Not a lot obviously. That’s why your company needs to make a conscious effort to become more visual. Aside from voice searches, visual searches have begun to take over text-based queries.
Companies like Google have developed technology that lets you take an image of something in the real world and find out more about. This is one more reason why you should equip every blog post, page of the website, or tweet with a corresponding image.
It will help you rank higher in Google’s search results and enable better engagement. Remember, your content has to be interactive and entertaining to read, not just plain informative.
With these five tactics, you have all the necessary tools to succeed in the marketing world. Promote hard work and improving knowledge for your entire team and anything is possible. Always be on the lookout for new and exciting trends, as they are the key to the growth of every company.
Learn how GetFeedback can help you exceed customers’ expectations—start your free trial today.
Editor’s note: This article reflects the opinions of our guest author.
About the guest author
Eugene Eaton is a British blogger who sometimes works for a GradeMiners and assignmentholic.co.uk. He is into stand-up comedy. His favorite comedians are Louis CK and George Carlin. A good morning laugh is what keeps Eugene upbeat and motivated through the harsh day.